Monday, May 17, 2010

Buy my books for a good cause!

This month I’m donating 25% of my sales through All Romance eBooks to the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLA).

A few weeks ago, ARe forwarded an email to me from TeddyPig, in which he included a link to the California court case Greene v. County of Sonoma et al. He was very angry about the insensitive way the state treated Clay Greene after his lover’s death, even though both men had made provisions naming the other as their legal power of attorney.

The story of Clay and Harold reminded him of my own story, Henry and Jim, and he wanted to know if ARe could possibly donate a portion of that title’s sales to the NCLA, who is representing Mr. Greene in the case. ARe forwarded the request to me.

Since that’s an older story of mine, sales have slacked off a bit and wouldn’t make a very large contribution. Therefore, I decided to donate 25% of my royalties in May for ALL my self-published titles available on ARe, and they have graciously agreed to match my contribution. Read more about the effort, or buy one of my titles from ARe to support the cause!

No comments: